September 23, 2014

Blessings Come With Obedience

She (Rahab) was shown to be right 

with God by her actions . . .”

James 2:25 NLT

Many examples in Scripture demonstrate the Lord's blessings on people who trust in Him. Rahab's story unfolds in Joshua 2 and 6. She hid Israel's spies from the king of Jericho. This woman confessed her faith in the God of the Israelites and asked for mercy on the day the troops planned to conquer her people. As agreed, the invading army spared Rahab and her family.
Because of her kind actions to protect the spies and the troops' promise to spare her entire family from death, Rahab lived in peace with the Israelites. She married a young man named Salmon and became the great, great grandmother of King David, placing her in the lineage of the Messiah. Rahab had no idea of her future blessings when she made that important decision to serve God.
I'm amazed as I recall the many blessings God has poured into my life. As a child, I trusted in Jesus as my Savior. In our senior years, the Lord has provided my husband and myself with more than sufficient finances enabling us to join and support mission efforts around the world.
Heavenly Father, as Jesus was obedient to suffer and die for me in order to provide for my salvation, I am determined to obey Your word and surrender my will to Yours on a daily basis.

"All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children."  Revelation 21:7 NLT 

Juanita

Is this your first visit?  Welcome!

 I would be glad to notify you when I post my next devotional. Email me at: folks7777@gmail.com and request a reminder by email.  Your address will remain private with me.

Please feel free to post a comment below.